Do you live in an open floor plan house and feel irritation from broken or shattered TV audio? You need to revise your soundbar or buy a soundbar with separate subwoofers and small surround sound speakers. The thing behind the decision is that the sound in an open floor plan house spreads sideways and changes its direction.
Numerous soundbars on the internet claim the best sound producers for your TV. However, picking up the best always creates the problem, especially when you don’t have the right knowledge or experience. Don’t worry, because we stood up and checked various soundbars to present the list of six Best SoundBar for Open Floor Plans.
- soundbar for vaulted ceiling.
- soundbar for apple tv 4k.
- soundbar for element tv.
- curved soundbars review in 2023.
- soundbar for toshiba fire tv.
- 1 Best SoundBar for Open Floor Plans: Top 6 Must Considerations
- 2 Polk Audio Signa S2 Soundbar
- 3 JBL Bar 5.1 – Channel 4K Ultra HD Soundbar (best soundbar for large open room)
- 4 LG S75Q 3.1.2ch Soundbar with Dolby Atmos DTS
- 5 VIZIO Sound Bar SB3821-C6 (best soundbar for open living room)
- 6 Bose Soundbar 500 with Alexa voice control (best soundbar for open room)
- 7 Yamaha Audio YAS-209BL Sound Bar
- 8 Buying Guide
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
- 10 Final Verdict
Best SoundBar for Open Floor Plans: Top 6 Must Considerations
Polk Audio Signa S2 Soundbar
- Brand: Polk Audio
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, HDMI, Optical, USB
- Deep Bass
- Polk Adjust Technology
- Compact wireless subwoofer
- 5 sound modes
- Universal compatibility for 4K and HD
Polk Audio Signa S2 is an ultra-slim soundbar with wireless connectivity and is compatible with TVs, Mobile phones and PCs. Five powerful range drivers deliver a base to work perfectly with the 4k and HD TVs. Also, Dolby digital decoding enhances sound quality even in wide-open rooms.
Despite its 2″ height, the soundbar provides clear and boom sound in the middle to high range soundbars. Additionally, the supportive design adds wall mounting feature. The strong subwoofer helps to circulate the sound in the wide-open room. Bluetooth connectivity streams the music directly from well-known music websites through your mobile.
Polk audio soundbar with a subwoofer that fills your big room with deep bass and clear sound thanks to the modern technologies in the soundbars. The Bass adjustment through the remote controller and the top buttons makes it an easy-to-use but effective soundbar.
- Dolby Digital decoding creates an implausible surround sound
- Advance compatibility to work with the HD and 4K TVs through HDMI and optical ports
- Polk Adjustable Technology produces a clear and crisp voice
- The compact wireless subwoofer reproduces the deep bass; you can feel it
- You need to wait for several minutes to shut down it properly
JBL Bar 5.1 – Channel 4K Ultra HD Soundbar (best soundbar for large open room)
- Brand: JBL
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Analog, Optical, USB
- 10” subwoofers
- 2 detachable and battery-powered surround sound speakers
- 3 HDMI input and 1 Output Port
- 4 sound modes
- Control through any major brand TV remote
JBL needs no introduction if you have some knowledge of Speakers and audio devices. Their Sound Bar 5.1 is an ultra HD device that possesses the quality and uniqueness of the top level. Despite the slightly higher price, the soundbar, separate subwoofers, and two battery-powered surround sound detachable speakers fill the room with high-quality clear sound.
10-inch 250 mm wireless subwoofers create a deep bass that you can feel on the floor. The soundbar is a true mean of 4K experience due to its 3 input HDMI ports and 1 output HDMI port. They are enough to justify its clear and deep bass and realistic voice. Although the soundbar can control most TV remote controllers, you don’t necessarily need to buy a separate one.
Despite slightly higher prices, the JBL soundbar produces quality and clean sound for larger rooms. Its separate subwoofers and detachable surround sound speakers make it possible to through the audio waves from anywhere from the open floor room. We recommend the soundbar as the best soundbar for a large open room.
- Instant sound shift ability transfer the input device without wasting time
- 10″ 250mm subwoofers create a strong deep bass
- 3 input HDMI ports make it a truly strong audio device
- Detachable and battery-powered surround sound speakers distribute the sound equally in the wide room
- Bluetooth lags sometimes but is perfectly timed through HDMI connection
LG S75Q 3.1.2ch Soundbar with Dolby Atmos DTS
- Brand: LG
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, HDMI
- Immersive 3.1.2 Channel
- HDMI Pass-Through (Dolby Vision)
- Meridian Audio Technology
- Soundbar mode Control
With all the powerful equipment, LG S75Q is ready to spread the clear and solid sound in your open floor design room. Especially its immersive 3.1.2 channel audio at 380W offers a premium sound solution to your TV and other compatible devices. Meridian Audio technology produces accurate, high-resolution sound for an enjoyable listening experience.
Bluetooth provides wireless, and HDMI for corded connectivity enhances the ability to connect for lag-free music and vocal experience. In my experience, the soundbar is perfect for LG TVs as it decodes the sound signals perfectly for a lag-free, real-time vocal playback. Additionally, the material used is a recyclable resin formed through plastic bottles and is disposable after use.
According to my experience, the surround sound still lags a bit against the JBL 5.1 bar. However, you can solve the issue by connecting an optimized HDMI port for an extended experience. We recommend the soundbar to people who want an extended technological device for a clearer voice experience.
- 3.1.2 channels provide you with an immersive sound experience
- Dolby Atmos & DTS technology fills your surroundings with clean and clear audio
- Meridian Audio Technology up-mixes two-channel stereos for stable imaging and create a larger sweet spot for an additional immersive experience
- HDMI (eARC) port enhances the compatibility of more devices
- Despite advanced technologies, surround sound still lags a bit compared to JBL 5.1 bar
VIZIO Sound Bar SB3821-C6 (best soundbar for open living room)
- Brand: VIZIO
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, HDMI, USB
- 2.1 Channels
- Expansive audio with 100db room filling
- Streamline design
- DTS TruSurround and Truvolume
- Wireless remote controller
VIZIO Soundbar is an economical option, but it offers sound quality that isn’t less than other established brand models. The wireless soundbar is a 2.1-channel device with a length of 38 inches. I think it is enough to fit the bigger-sized TVs and other devices. The soundbar creates 100db of room filling with a total of just 1 per cent total harmonic distortion.
Furthermore, the wireless subwoofer fills the room with clear sound from anywhere in the room. Additionally, the data transfer rate from Bluetooth is enough for a lag-free and distortion-free listening experience. Unlike most wireless subwoofers, the wireless range for this subwoofer is around 60 feet, which means you can control the functions anywhere in your big room.
VIZIO is an underrated soundbar that can fill your wide area room with quality and clearer sounds. Its 2.1 channel and 100db room-filling is meant to enjoy the real experience of your favourite song, TV show or game. We recommend the best soundbar for open living rooms to those who want to enjoy an extensive surround sound experience.
- 2.1 channel soundbar that produces the crystal clear sound for your room
- 100db is enough for room-filling with only 1 per cent harmonic distortion
- With a 60 feet wireless subwoofer range, the soundbar offers a longer connectivity range
- DTS TruSurround technology is a virtual soundbar for a different solution
- Extremely high surround sound provides a blasting away experience
Bose Soundbar 500 with Alexa voice control (best soundbar for open room)
- Brand: Bose
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Widest Stereo Sound Performance
- Colour Display LCD Screen
- Works on Lithium-Ion Battery
- Voice Activated Control
- Direct Streaming through mobile
Bose Soundbar 500 is a beautifully designed but highly functional audio device that fills a wide room with quality sounds. The unique thing I discovered in it is the built-in Alexa voice control feature that allows you to speak for a required feature. Although it is a single speaker device than other models, it produces a clear voice that meets the highest standards.
The audio device is pretty easy to control, and you can do it in three ways, Bose music app, 1 touchpad and voice-activated features. The device can stream directly from Apple Airplay, Spotify and other streaming platforms through your mobile phone. Additionally, the device is compatible with other Bose devices for a multi-room listening experience.
Our Verdict:Bose Soundbar 500 is a complete package for your wide room due to its design and powerful features. The round-shaped design has LCD and voice-activated control that makes it an easy and simple controllable device. We recommend the audio device to those who want to fill their room with a booming sound, style, and enhanced features.
- Built-in Amazon Alexa and Google assistant allows voice control feature to its users
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity makes it a true wireless connectable device
- The tower and rounded design make it eye-catchy and beautiful
- Easy and simple controls through the top touch panel and Bose mobile App
- No separate surround sound speakers
Yamaha Audio YAS-209BL Sound Bar
- Brand: Yamaha Audio
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, HDMI, Bluetooth
- Alexa voice control
- DTS Virtual 3D surround sound
- Wireless subwoofer
- Clear Voice
- Direct streaming connectivity
Yamaha Audio YAS-209BL comes at an almost similar price to Bose soundbar 500. However, the Yamaha has a more traditional design comprising a soundbar and a separate subwoofer. Like Bose, the audio device has a built-in Alexa voice control feature for simple control. Our experience indicates the product is a stunning sound producer for the bigger room.
Connectivity is also advanced, and you can enjoy wireless and corded connectivity through Wi-Fi, HDMI, Bluetooth and Optical cable. DTS virtual technology creates X virtual 3D sound that surrounds your room for an enhanced experience. Other clarity features filter the vocal for clear dialogue listening.
When looking for the best soundbar for open room, we can’t put the Yamaha aside due to its different suitable features. All the features in this device are similar to the Bose soundbar 500, but the wireless subwoofer with enhanced connectivity gives it an edge over the mentioned model.
- Clear voice sound mode filters the vocals to produce clarity in dialogue listening
- DTS virtual technology helps you to feel the clean sound around your
- The soundbar control app and Alexa control make it easy to control the audio device
- You can put the wireless subwoofer anywhere you want
- Not ultimately loudspeakers
You may not require a detailed set of knowledge to find the Best SoundBar for Open Floor Plans. Instead, you may need to test the product. But what to do when you can’t check the products separately? You need to read the reviews regarding products and find out these factors for the straight selection.
Bigger rooms require more space to cover for creating a surround sound field. Soundbars with more speaker channels have more chance to spread the sound around your room. My experience suggests you choose at least a 2.1 channel, which means two speakers in the soundbar and one separate subwoofer.
Voice-activated controls are straight gone by my side. It is because the wireless controls and the voice-activated controls like Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa enhance the connectivity and Streaming to a wide range of forums. We recommend choosing the soundbar with a higher control authority.
You should not want to experience tangled and messy wires in your open floor plan room. We recommend choosing a soundbar that can offer wireless connectivity i.e. Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. It is because you can put the subwoofer anywhere in your home and enjoy the movie, game or song.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
1: What is the alternative to the traditional surrounded sound system for small flats?
The traditional surrounded sound system becomes messy due to low spaces due to the small space. In contrast, soundbars completed the job perfectly and were declared the perfect alternative to the traditional system.
2:Can I mount the soundbar on the wall?
To gain the perfect angle for your room, you can mount the soundbar to the wall for a better experience.
3: What does Channel mean in a soundbar?
The channels in the soundbar are the number of speakers a soundbar possess. For example, if there is a 2.1 channel listed on the screen, it means there are two built-in speakers and one separate subwoofer, which is recommended.
4: Can I put the soundbar above the TV?
You can put it above the TV, but we recommend not doing so because a lower place is suitable and can generate sound for the whole room.
Open Floor Plans are the popular home designs in modern times, and making a TV lounge in them may require the Best SoundBar for Open Floor Plans. Although all of our products are unique and tested, these soundbars proved to be the best among the tested products.
- JBL Bar 5.1 – Channel 4K Ultra HD Soundbar (best soundbar for large open room)
- VIZIO Sound Bar SB3821-C6 (best soundbar for open living room)
- Bose Soundbar 500 with Alexa voice control (best soundbar for open room)
All of these are some recommendations from my side, and you can check them to enhance sound quality. We recommend JBL as the overall best performer. Other options are both equally good and work with great extension. Bose is another recommendation from well-established brands. However, you can check the other products for the most suitable ones. Good luck!