In this digital era, advancements in technologies have changed our lives. JBL Soundbars are currently driving great attention in the market. Many people connect soundbars to their TV for a good sound experience. People prefer that there should be more than one way to connect their soundbars with their TV. Watching your favorite movie becomes more enjoyable and exciting when you have a good sound system to have a good experience with the high-quality sound of JBL Sound Bars.
The new innovative ideas add new features to devices to make our lives easier, so there are three ways to connect JBL soundbars to TV. You can connect JBL Soundbars via
- HDMI ARC
Primarily, an HDMI connection is preferred because it is highly compatible with audio. The BlueTooth option only works in those smart TVs that support Bluetooth, which is not very common. The setup and linkage method is distinctive from company to company.
The following ways of connection are specifically for JBL Soundbars, not for other soundbars of different brands. Here you can get help with connecting JBL soundbars to TV.
Placement of Soundbar
For optimal sound production, you have to place the soundbars in front of your Television. It matters a lot where you are putting your soundbars. If you keep the soundbars in a closed entity or a cabinet, you will not experience a good sound quality. The sound will not spread, and in the closed box, the device will overheat.
How to Connect JBL Soundbar to TV
The three ways to connect your JBL soundbars to TV are discussed below with step-by-step guidance.
Connecting JBL Soundbar to TV Using HDMI (ARC)
HDMI connection has many advantages over other ways of linking. It can deliver HD and smooth sound of videos, so it is highly compatible with soundbars. For connecting your JBL soundbars to TV via HDMI arc, follow the method below:
- For connecting JBL soundbars to your TV, first, you have to figure out where the HDMI (ARC) port is.
- You can follow the instructions that are available with JBL Soundbars if you have any problem finding the port.
- After finding an HDMI port in the soundbars, insert one cable end into the HDMI port.
- Then you have to look for an HDMI insert at the back of your TV and insert the other end of the cable in it.
- Turn on your JBL soundbars and then HDMI CEC and HDMI ARC functions on your TV.
Connecting JBL Soundbar to TV Using Optical Cable
If your Television does not have an HDMI port, there is no need to worry about it; you can use optical cable. It is an alternative way that works similarly to HDMI cable. A plastic sheet often covers the input and has a hexagonal shape.
Optical Cable connection is not considered good because it cannot transmit the latest formats of the audio. That is why it is not regarded as ideal. In some cases, when the HDMI port is not working, then you can use optical cable, and steps to connect it to your TV are discussed below.
- To connect JBL soundbars to your TV, you first have to figure out where the optical cable port is.
- You can read the instructions that came with JBL Soundbars if you have any problems finding the port.
- After finding a port in the soundbars, insert one end of the cable into the optical port. On soundbars, OPTICAL is often written on the connection port.
- Then you have to look for an Optical insert at the back of your TV and connect the second end of the cable to it.
- Turn on your JBL soundbars and TV.
- In the case of optical cables, this connector is called Optical, Digital or D-In.
Connecting JBL Soundbar to TV via Bluetooth
Connecting your soundbars via Bluetooth is the last option you can avail if your Television does not support HDMI or Optical Cable. This connection is much better and more accessible than the optical connection. The steps to connect your JBL soundbars to Television with Bluetooth are discussed below.
- Turn your TV and JBL soundbars ON
- Turn on Bluetooth on your soundbar with either button available or a remote control.
- A blue indicator is present, which tells you whether the Bluetooth is on and ready to pair or not.
- When it starts flashing, enable Bluetooth on your TV, and after that, available devices for pairing will be shown on TV.
- Select the option of JBL soundbars, and when you click it, a solid blue indicator will light up that tells the connection is successful.
- After all these steps, you can play any audio or video on your Television screen, and you will hear the sound from your JBL soundbar.
Bluetooth connection is considered better and easier to use than optical cable, but it is not very reliable because it transmits sound with a few seconds delay. Furthermore, the sound quality we get is not good. Bluetooth connection in smartphones is more suitable than Television. The screen will show clips first, and the sound will come a few minutes late, which is very annoying.
Frequently Asked Questions-(FAQs)
Which connection gives the best quality of sound?
HDMI gives the best transmission quality as it supports all audio formats, including Dolby TrueHD, Blu-ray and DTS. You get excellent sound from an HDMI connection.
Can HDMI send video signals?
Yes, it can also transmit (visual) video signals.
Why is Bluetooth not more reliable than optical cable?
Bluetooth is not very reliable because you can experience a delay while playing video.
Why is optical cable not ideal to use?
Optical Cables are connected like HDMI, but it has a significant drawback: they cannot transmit the latest audio formats, making them less ideal.
Also Read: Best Soundbar For Toshiba Fire TV